U.S. Federal District Court Vacancies
Currently, U .S. Senators Bob Casey and Pat Toomey are accepting applications from persons interested in filling judicial vacancies in Pennsylvania’s Eastern and Western federal district courts. Sens. Casey and Toomey will employ the following process to fill vacancies on the federal district courts in Pennsylvania:
- Separate judicial nomination advisory panels will be established in the Eastern District and Western District of Pennsylvania, where the federal district courts currently have judicial vacancies.
- These panels will screen applicants for judicial vacancies and submit the names of qualified applicants to the two U.S. Senators.
- Each panel will be made up of 20 members, including two co-chairs. Sens. Casey and Toomey will each appoint nine panel members and one co-chair.
- Eastern District Panel Co-Chairs: Robert Ross – Senior Partner at Ross Feller Casey, LLP; John J. Soroko — Chairman and CEO, Duane Morris LLP
- Western District Panel Co-Chairs: Michael Adams – Founder and Managing Partner, Mike Adams & Associates, LLC; Heather S. Heidelbaugh — Partner with Leech Tishman
- Applicants will be required to complete and submit the questionnaire approved by the Senate Judiciary Committee.
Persons interested in being considered for an appointment should email the address corresponding to their district:
- Eastern District: judgeappEDPA@toomey.senate.gov and/or email@example.com
- Western District: judgeappWDPA@toomey.senate.gov and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applicants to submit the completed Senate Judiciary questionnaire in both the Eastern and Western District is no later than April 10, 2017 at 8:00 am.
You can download the Judicial Questionnaire here:
There are currently no vacancies in the Middle District. When vacancies occur the senators will employ a similar process.