U.S. Federal District Court Vacancies
Currently, U.S. Senators Bob Casey and Pat Toomey are accepting applications from persons interested in filling judicial vacancies on the Federal District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania. Senators Casey and Toomey will employ the following process to fill vacancies on the Federal District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania:
- A judicial nomination advisory panel will be established in the Western District of Pennsylvania.
- This panel will screen applicants for judicial vacancies and submit the names of qualified applicants to the two U.S. Senators.
- Senators Casey and Toomey will each appoint panel members and one co-chair. The co-chairs will be: Heather Heidelbaugh, Partner, Leech Tishman and Mike Adams, Chief Counsel, Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development.
- Applicants will be required to complete and submit an application.
Persons interested in being considered should submit their completed application to both:
The deadline for submitting a completed application is Monday, March 18, 2019 at 5pm EST.
Please note that persons who previously applied during the last Western District of Pennsylvania judicial selection process must submit a new and updated application.
You can download the application forms here and here. Both forms must be completed and submitted. Please submit the forms in PDF format, if possible, and name the forms and any attachments using the following naming conventions:
- Last Name, First Name - Questionnaire Public
- Last Name, First Name - Questionnaire Confidential
- Last Name, First Name - Attachment #___