General Application Information
Thank you for your interest in securing a nomination to the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, the U.S. Naval Academy, the U.S. Air Force Academy, or the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy. Senator Toomey considers nominating outstanding Pennsylvanians to be one of the greatest honors of his office. In order to maximize your chances of obtaining a nomination, you are encouraged to apply to both of your U.S. Senators and your U.S. Representative.
Please note that the U.S. Coast Guard Academy does not require a Congressional nomination.
The application period for the Class entering the Academy in 2021 is now open. Use the application link below and follow the instructions carefully. All questions about the process must be directed to Senator Toomey's Allentown office at 610-434-1444.
All students must use our online application. This application is submitted electronically. Additional required documents such as your official transcript, SAT and ACT scores, signed certification form and your 3 letters of recommendation must be submitted as one complete package. You may submit the package by email to Academy@toomey.senate.gov or by mail to the Allentown office (see address below). Please DO NOT send your materials to any other offices. The deadline for submission of your application and supporting documentation is close of business on October 2, 2020. Late submissions will not be considered.
If you plan to mail your documents package consisting of transcript, SAT/ACT scores, certification form and letters of recommendation, please use the following address only:
U.S. Senator Pat Toomey
ATTN: Lindsey Weaver
1150 S. Cedar Crest Blvd., Suite 101
Allentown, PA 18103
Phone: (610) 434-1444
Completed service academy nomination application (submitted online through our portal)
- Completed service academy nomination application, including 2 essays (submitted online through our portal).
- Certified high school transcript for all high schools attended. Note that your transcript must include your junior year final grades.
- Official SAT or ACT score reports. You may use SAT code 2826 and ACT code 7175 to direct your scores to Senator Toomey's office, however you should also include a copy with your documents package.
Due to the lack of testing opportunities, we will not require that you provide SAT and ACT scores prior to our application deadline. Your application can be considered complete without board scores as long as all other application materials are submitted in a timely fashion. You will be required to submit SAT/ACT test by Saturday, November 21, 2020.
If you have already taken the SAT or ACT, please send your scores to us. Additionally, if you have taken the PSAT, we ask that you submit those scores to our office with your application packet.
- Three letters of recommendation. Letters must be SIGNED.
- Signed and dated certification form.
Academy Board Interview
Applicants who have a complete file and are academically competitive will be interviewed by Senator Toomey's Academy selection board. The interview is a critically important part of the process and gives you the greatest opportunity to showcase your talents, abilities and motivation. You will be notified by mail and email if you are selected for an interview. Interview dates and locations will be available on our website in the coming months.
U.S. Service Academy Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for a nomination from Sen. Toomey to the U.S. service academies, you must meet the following requirements:
- Age: Must be at least 17 years old, but not yet 23 as of July 1 of the year of admission to an academy. *Note: The U.S. Merchant Marine Academy allows applicants between 17 and 25 years of age.
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Residence: Must be a legal resident of the state of Pennsylvania.
- Marital Status: Must be unmarried, not pregnant, and without legal obligation to support dependents.
- Other Requirements: Must meet the medical, physical and academic requirements established by the academies.
For more information about the academies, please click the seals below to visit their websites:
2304 Cadet Drive Suite 2300
USAF Academy, CO 80840-5025
U.S. Coast Guard Academy
31 Mohegan Avenue
New London, CT 06320-8103
U.S. Merchant Marine Academy
300 Steamboat Rd.
Kings Point, NY 11024-9997
Director of Admissions
600 Thayer Road
West Point, NY 10996-9902
Candidate Guidance Office
117 Decatur Road
Annapolis, MD 21402-5018