Federal Grant Info
Guidelines for Applying for Federal Funding
The federal government allocates funds to federal agencies for grant and loan programs. To learn more about available grants, and how to apply for those grants, please see the information below. If you have any questions about federal grants after reading this page, our Grants Coordinator, Alexandra Byrne is available to help. Contact Alexandra at Alexandra_Byrne@toomey.senate.gov or (610) 434-1444. We look forward to hearing from you.
To determine if you are eligible to apply for a federal grant, click here.
Tips for a Successful Application
Following these suggestions will make the process of applying for a federal grant easier for you.
1) Create a working project Narrative (tell your story)
- Is the project a collaborative effort with a non-profit, business, or local government?
- Will there be an increase in employees, retention of employee base?
- What is the timeframe of the project; is it shovel ready?
2) Construct an itemized Budget
- Record a brief explanation next to each expense listed
- Note how much match will go into the project or in-kind financial support
3) If you would like Senator Toomey to provide your organization with a letter of support for a grant for which you have already applied, please download and complete our office's Letter of Support Request Form. Please return your completed form to the following address:
Office of Senator Pat Toomey
Attn: Alexandra Byrne
1150 S Cedar Crest Blvd
Allentown PA 18103
Note: There are new procedures for SAM registration which may take additional time to register. To avoid missing grant deadlines please go to the SAM.gov website.
If you or your organization, business, or school is seeking federal funding, but is unsure of where to start, our Grants Department is happy to assist you with grant research. Please download our Grant Research Packet. This packet includes a Privacy Release form, which will allow my office to discuss your project narrative, and a working budget, which will help our office put you in touch with the right agencies or foundations that may be able to help fund your project. Once again, please return your completed packet to our Grants Coordinator, Alexandra Byrne.
Links to Popular Grant Programs
- Download AFG / SAFER / FP&S Letter of Support Form
- AFG Breaking News
- FEMA Hazard Mitigation Assistance
- Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency (PEMA) Grants Management Programs
Private foundations can be a great alternative when federal funding is not an option for you. This information is provided as a resource and does not constitute an endorsement of these organizations.