Federal Grant Info
Guidelines for Applying for Federal Funding
The federal government allocates funds to federal agencies for grant and loan programs. To learn more about available grants, and how to apply for those grants, please see the information below. If you have any questions about federal grants after reading this page, our Grants Coordinator, Theresa Walsh, CGW is available to help. Contact Theresa at Theresa_walsh@toomey.senate.gov or (610) 434 - 1444. We look forward to hearing from you.
Upcoming: Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) Webinar - October 14, 2014 from 6:30PM-8:30PM
To determine if you are eligible to apply for a federal grant, click here.
Tips for a Successful Application
Following these suggestions will make the process of applying for a federal grant easier for you.
1) Create a working project Narrative (tell your story)
- Is the project a collaborative effort with a non-profit, business, or local government?
- Will there be an increase in employees, retention of employee base?
- What is the timeframe of the project; is it shovel ready?
- Tips on Writing Grants from the Catalogue of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA)
2) Construct an itemized Budget
- Record a brief explanation next to each expense listed
- Note how much match will go into the project or in-kind financial support
Links to Popular Grant Programs
- Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG). Download our Letters of Support Form for Fire Departments-Companies.
- FEMA Hazard Mitigation Assistance
- Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency (PEMA) Grants Management Programs
Private foundations can be a great alternative when federal funding is not an option for you. This information is provided as a resource and does not constitute an endorsement of these organizations.